Thursday 18 June 2009

A very busy week

Being a patron for the art of cartoons and animation (see profile), I have decided that for each week of blogging, I will choose a well-known cartoon character that best represents my weekly activities, and persona. So for this week – the colourful character who best represents me is the Road Runner.

It's been a busy week. From being a total recluse only last month, I am now ‘beep, beeping’ at lightening speed past every little event and activity that fills my days. Usain Bolt (worlds fastest man) WATCH OUT!

All in all, I am now doing seven days, back to back. I am on a job placement at a company called Paragon (9 till 5), who deal with various construction/training. Here I have a basic administrator role and I am also learning about the office and typical working environment.
I also have one day a week at Poached, as well as having a part time job and being on the career development programme at CDG. So, as you can imagine, there is a lot to take in.

I suppose this is only half of what is happening in my life right now. There are also the social, personal interests, home, and family aspects that make up the rest of my days. I won’t comment on that side of things though, as I fear this system may crash from “information overload."
On reflection, I am finding it to be an interesting and somewhat new experience. Almost as if I am seeing the real ‘working’ world in its full glory.

2nd Week at Poached
As for Poached, the day brought about new teachings and understandings towards the art of writing. I’m slowly learning about how to write more effectively and put across certain view points. Although I am learning and being made consciously aware of different writing styles and techniques, I am still not sure how much of these teachings I will be able to implement into my work. Even so, it’s a great feeling to know your mind is being opened to new concepts/possibilities - I feel the process and education I am receiving will happen over time, rather than overnight.

In the afternoon, I was teamed up with Chris. We were required to write a brief profile about one another, max 100 words. The task was harder than I would have imagined, trying to fit so much information into such little space can be a thoughtful yet challenging task, as you are restricted to limiting your writing, whilst also having to consider style, and readability.

No comments:

Post a Comment