Sunday 21 February 2010

Postscript

The great thing about being with Poached Creative was not only did I eventually manage to find a job, but I found greater belief and confidence in myself to find a job that I have always dreamt of doing.

I walked into Poached, after spending almost a year of sending endless and unsuccessful job applications to various organisations. Before this, I was at University.

The problem I had before with job hunting and finding an occupation was that I was too uncertain towards what I wanted to do.

Although I graduated in a Business/IT based field, I have always felt in my heart that this wasn’t the sort of career that I would want to pursue. But by the time of realising this though, dropping out and attempting to do another course just didn’t seem reasonable. So I ended up with a degree in a subject which wasn’t of much interest to me.

A fair few months later after Poached, a friend of mine informed me of a vacancy at a Care Home organisation that he had been working for. I went through the process of applying and attending interviews and within two weeks of hearing of the vacancy I was hired, on condition of references and CRB check.

I honestly think if it hadn’t been for Poached, I probably wouldn't have even bothered looking for a job in the care field, so right now I would still almost certainly be unemployed and very frustrated.

I am grateful for the understanding that the director (Jessica Smith) gave me. She fully understood where I was coming from, and offered advice and enthusiasm, that most other professionals couldn’t offer me.

I am also very grateful for the time, support, information, guidance, training, confidence, and motivation, that I had received whilst I was on the six week training scheme with Poached Creative.

Thanks a lot.

(received from Brij on 11/01/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment